Marine communications systems are critical when it comes to safety at sea. They allow boats to stay in touch with each other and with land-based authorities, which is super helpful in emergencies or unexpected situations.
Not only can these systems be used to call for help or coordinate a response, but they can also be used to exchange important information about things like weather and navigation, which can help prevent accidents and keep everyone safe.
In short, marine communication systems are a key part of maintaining safety at sea by allowing ships to stay connected and informed.
📻 Marine VHF Radio (Very High Frequency)
- How to talk on a marine VHF radio
- How to register a marine VHF radio
- Which VHF marine radio channels to use
🛰️ Satellite Phones
- Is it worth getting a satellite phone?
- Can you use a satellite phone in the ocean?
- What is the best marine satellite phone?