Having safety equipment in top condition is critical for boating. This is especially true for your life-saving appliances (LSA). This equipment category should be checked regularly and to the standards of the relevant authority.
Each country is different, so you should check with the authority relevant to where you will be boating. Items considered under LSA are:
🦺 Life Jackets & PFDs
- A Comprehensive Guide To Life Jacket Types
- How to choose a life jacket?
- What’s the difference between life jackets and buoyancy aids?
- What should you do with a torn life jacket?
- When must a PFD or life jacket be replaced?
- Where is the best place to store life jackets and PFDs?
- Why do life jackets require regular maintenance?
- Boat flare requirements: Everything you need to know
- The proper procedure for using hand-held flares
- Visual distress signal for night use
- Visual distress signal for daylight use
- How to dispose of marine flares